At Grebr, we take pride in offering individualized care to each and every customer. While our team may be small, our dedication to promptly addressing your inquiries is unwavering. Your patience is valued as we diligently strive to deliver optimal service. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. We eagerly anticipate the opportunity to connect with you and ensure you receive the assistance you require.
"At Grebr, our entire collection is a testament to the timeless artistry of Batik, an ancient form of painting . The Batik process, a meticulous and labor-intensive method, involves the delicate interplay of waxwork and multiple dyeing stages on cloth. Then printed on thick cloth.Each piece in our collection is not just a work of art but a reflection of the dedication, patience, and craftsmanship that goes into creating this remarkable fusion of tradition and creativity."
"I am the proud founder of Grebr, a brand that came to life as I celebrated my 50th birthday. This venture represents not just a milestone in my life but also a testament to the belief that age is no barrier to pursuing one's dreams and passions."
Plan your design on paper or directly on the fabric. Traditional batik often features repetitive geometric patterns or nature-inspired motifs.
Heat the wax to a liquid state. Be cautious as hot wax can cause burns.
Use the tjanting tool or brushes to apply the wax to the areas you want to remain the original color. The wax creates a barrier, preventing the dye from penetrating those areas.
First Dye Bath
- Prepare the dye bath according to the instructions on the dye packaging.
- Immerse the fabric into the dye bath, allowing it to soak until the desired color is achieved.
- Remove the fabric and let it dry completely.
- Carefully remove the wax. This can be done by ironing the fabric between layers of absorbent paper, which absorbs the melted wax.
- Alternatively, you can gently scrape off the wax with a knife, revealing the wax-resisted areas.
Painting is tweaked and printed on thick cloth and then turned into a beautiful bag.